Friday, October 28, 2011

Curious cases of contrivance

First of all A very happy diwali and prosperous year ahead to you guys.. back to finding some rhythm in my life after a hectic weekend and a stressful and busy week.

A mid-week diwali entailed very simple and commonplace celebration.. sojourn with few friends over dinner, cooking, baking, rangoli, dia'tea light designs etc.. and lighthearted banter apart.. my roomy started talking about the curious case of human mind.. our fatal attraction towards contrivance.. she is less of a cynic than me.. but she told me she tried watching bigg boss and discontinued as the fights and uncouthness... and mirk spreading was really depressing to watch.. especially coz she thought at first it could have been a healthy conviction battle between strong willed working women.. mostly urbane.. I laughed her off saying reality shows are all about stupid sensationalism and trying to prove how low one could stoop for money.. and sadly loads of people need that kind of money.. I wont judge them.. but its just sad.. whats even worse is the vicious cycle.. they make money.. they act barbarian.. and we decide to sit and devour such crass..

She wanted to prove her initial point so made me see the f-fwd version of intro epi and I must say I was entertained to see Salman mostly but yes the line up was better off than most times (although I havent seen any season totally).. I admire Raageshwari for her music and videos and more so ever since she fought facial palsy to spring back.. Gulabo Sapera's birth story was moving.. Laxmi's cause was noble.. Pooja Bedi sorta tried representing a middle-aged single mother.. urbane in her own rights.. Mandeep was witty and the boxer pregnant girl undoubtedly the prettiest.. (I guess her pregnancy had something to do with it).. but then my roomy zipped to a recent epi.. showing some Shraddha girl fighting cats and dogs with Bedi and some other female Pooja someone (in normal world one would call her retard) screaming at the top of her freaking lungs to prove some point.. which seemed like a mere collision accident.. and then thrusting "respect women..." crap down the unfortunately entrapped guy.. LOL.. I laughed out loud and told my roomy.. Dolly Bindra set a standard and these females just wanna grab quick attention that ways.. but Bindra atleast looked convincing in her barbarics.. these people are cheap imitations..

but the point being.. where 14 educated, or strong -willed women of their own rights could have made the show different.. all that grabs attention are 55847372 cat fights.. coz TRPs demand such.. and why so may I ask.. BB doesn't target the rural audience in the interiors of India.. the sad answer is the so-called educated urban junta wants to watch this high volume non-sense instead of a cult fiction like Mukti Bandhan.. therefore we have reality shows like Roadies showing the real distasteful youth in India.. the only season which showed educated normal youth (including a friend of mine.. pretty much why I even followed it ) was its worst TRP season.. my friend told me Raghu was begged to be back with his sensational contrivance for the show coz that's what makes Roadies such a hype..

there is nothing novel or surprising about what I just wrote.. incidentally missing home on diwali I opened TOI page to browse thro some festivities only to see news on scams, cat fights.. some bihari dude winning 5 crores and an ensuing marathi-bihari virtual war.. that's India for you on Diwali.. I am disillusioned.. I really want to return for my family.. but right now that remains my only reason.. coz mera bharat mahaan NAHI hain.. and I am but a mere mortal without superpowers bestowed on me by any SRK et al to even think of driving a change...

without more digression ..they say if you cant beat them join them.. so while Indian TV is ruled by inane romance or scheming plotting domesticities in the name of fiction and totally distasteful slander sprouting educated or rustic people in the name of reality.. I am sitting on the side.. re-watching MB.. and hoping to find bearings to continue my SS.. TV for me is back to being zilch after 10 months.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment