Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ram Singh's rant

so while we still havent found any common show to watch and dwell on.. am gonna bore you guys with Vintage MB.. after the stoically melancholic scene of IMV.. with his chanda and the bade achche lagte hain song..which he confessed to her later.. was the medium through which he transported himself back in time.. feeling the warmth of her touch.. the simple touch of her hands.. in the theater.. and the reminiscence he does have in the scene.. the simple window convo where she promises to remain in his life.. even if he tried to forget her.. she would re-visit in some form.. sigh.. he holds onto those little memories like his only treasure amongst all the wealth he had amassed.. he still carried his solitude way till the end.. coz no one really understood him.. not even Devki.. only his CP aka Parimita came close to giving him the benefit..

I digress.. yet again but my dark lord does that to me.. LOL.. this post is not about that though.. the very next epi reminded me.. and in fact reinforced when and what had exactly attracted me to VV- the man I openly and unabashedly did jaaps on.. So if the divorce paper bit made me take notice of him.. the argument with Devki on finding outside investment touched a chord.. where inspite of her impeccable debating skill he doesnt budge.. holds on to his conviction.. I loved how he stood his ground proclaiming.. yes what you just put forth is extremely legit but from your POV.. not from where I see it.. and one can't justify living just from his/her own POV.. but it was this very epi.. that hit base with me..

In the first scene he gave a clear view of the sorted objective man he was.. as he presented the scenario to the over-worried Devki after finding out her first deal is against V. Ind aka IMV- the guru.. Its simple.. he began.. I told pappa to step aside.. and D being her.. couldnt take that.. mahanta comes in.. LOL.. She begged to differ and the next bit made me jump up .. coz the real VV stood up right there.. he replies.. cool the other option is you bail out.. Ds astonishment was funny and characteristic.. I could see the things that were going through her mind.. where she probably thinks he doesnt think high enough of her.. etc etc.. juvenile that she is.. But VV here is the practical sorted man I soooo loved.. he kept it straight.. telling her how genuinely he appreciated her talent and hardwork.. but its starkly stupid to chose a high profile venture as a maiden venture where the odds are quite against you.. v. ind won't lose much in the bargain.. she and her co. wld.. what a prophecy this.. had she really considered it back then.. CP enterprise was doomed ever since she disregarded this voice of reason.. not one of her ventures bore fruits.. coz she failed to see the pragmatic approach.. this isnt 1950s where only acumen could get you somewhere.. playing with the system is a part of the deal.. anyhow he managed to find a warmth in her.. as he promised to be there for her whenever she needed.. typical him..

And after that VV scored brownie points with me.. Munira I remembered how you had alluded to it in a post of mine.. So Baa-bapuji pick on the kid and call him Ram Singh.. ROFL.. the incredulous look he gives.. when he genuinely doesnt get the humor is classic VV.. its strange how he was always picked on.. by the viranis.. esp the old couple.. never did they make fun of Sid or Nirali.. coz VV was the oddball.. so poor guy can't refuse the Ram Singhness.. but I love how he is pissed off at Ds procrastinating.. telling her let's leave in annoyance.. Bapuji's pagar kaat lunga was funny tho

and then the big moment.. D and her mahanta.. hey bhaggu..tht gal...I loved how he ranted there.. like voicing all of our opinion.. on how lame it comes across the big selfless righteousness act.. I wish he had shown this form to Sabina ONCE.. i wld have whistled.. rofl.. but anyhow he chides D for always trying to be on the good books.. of bending ways.. and in the bargain making others look bad.. of always projecting (she may not consciously but that was her default mode) how she easily lets him have his freedom in their matrimony.. making him feel like he is extremely insensitive.. and although D didn't have much to say to him.. I liked her comeback... rofl.. I chose to take the taxi here coz its cheaper.. you could see the 'I dont care for such humor' look on VV.. reminded me of the picnic mein cricket khelne ki fitrat nahi hain meri.. LOL..

and it ends with the Responsible, objective man VV.. taking accountability for Dali.. seeing Ds plight there.. defo what got D attracted to him first.. and I was on my way to being sold out to this guy myself.. coz his USP was how matter of fact he was.. no shosha, nothing.. stark honesty.. only content.. no embellishment.. sigh.. what a murder of this character in the end..
for now.. enjoy.. Ram Singh ROCKED..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zin00Vg2100&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0sN37F7k4s

2 comments:

  1. Sonali 4 a moment I was completely blanked out nd kept wondering who's Ram Singh? Nd den it all came back in a jiffy!lol

    How miffed V was. BTW u use VV for Vaibhav nd I use only V, which is quite telling on how we both perceive V.LOL

    Ya believe me, I was never taken by a character as much as V. Such an objective person, such practical reasonings, tht he tended 2 make D seem extremely naive nd gullible, more so than IMV.He was a perfect foil for D's idealism, but in an extremely positive way. Usually it's idealism vs evilness, but for once it was idealism vs pragmatism.

    Yeah towards d end V's character was badly massacred, but again der was d hint of tht impratical lover always lurking behind V's persona, but not as bad as how he was finally shown-a pathetic Devdas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaahhh.. just when I was gonna sleep.. yup exactly the same reasons you cited.. is why I simply loved him.. extremely practical, no-nonsense.. unwavered.. even when IMV used him to persuade D against the investment idea.. he knew it was tough breaking either.. so he smartly and anonymously handled the situation by taking middle ground.. this guy was a solution seeker.. wonder what happened when it came to his own life in the end.. all throughout he kept Ds juvenile idealism in check.. but let her drive mayhem when it came to his own love life.. why..

    anyhow I am back to cherishing the old V aka VV... coz both were an intrinsic part of him.. LOL.. secondly.. I just saw the next epi where he reasons for Dali.. this guy had an impeccable sense of objectivity.. he could read people.. he read Dali well.. why couldnt he then read through Ds obvious affection in the end.. sheesh.. why did they kill him like this.. anyhow.. I loved how he said.. You met mom at Ashram taking care of the abandoned.. why dont you treat your own dad with that sensitivity.. realizing he is weak and needs help.. LOVED HIM THERE..

    am gonna make another post tomorrow.. for the whole Sid drama.. I loved tht track too.. esp how foolish they ended up showing D.. although her intent was good.. she never introspected on it.. I loved how VV again handled her there.. extremely smart and humane.. he was just the right blend.. that's why once I told Sowmya I could see a bit of Roark in VV too.. he had too many shades.. you are right.. he had just the correct blend of pragmatism and humanity.. best of IMV and Charu.. sigh only if the makers knew what they had created.. and exactly what they massacred..

    ReplyDelete