Friday, November 25, 2011

Week's viewing worth..

thanks to my randomizing.. I ended up with way too many shows in my kitty.. initially I thought this week would be slow what with boss gone for a week.. and thanksgiving hols.. but as it turned out it was hectic.. not just at work.. but thanksgiving dinners and midnight shopping on black friday.. and to top it.. havent been in the best of my health..

so I decided to drop one show.. and BB faced the axe from my list.. as its bloody long.. LOL.. as for EHM its pretty much 20 mins daily.. and one can ff portions too.. loads of wedding stuff.. naach gana etc.. light moments.. between siblings.. and family.. my fave was defo monday with the continuation of the drunk scene.. where Viren is for a change caught by beeji.. and not another hit n miss.. the guy's subtle comic timing is impeccable.. defo one of the better young actors I have seen in a while.. his 'pakad liya yaar' to the pairi pouna beeji inside the closet.. were epic looks.. classic expression before the barrage of main aisa hu nahi.. bas jeevika ki yaad a rahi thi to socha mil loon.. .ROFL..the reaction it brought from each member was funny each time.. finally beeji completing his line and he goes wow how did she know.. and anju mahendru's classic look.. REALLY NOW? and to top it.. the guy was still in character... using his default lawyer mode analysis.. with the idk why i took such a risk of climbing up the ladder,etc.. LOL little things like these made it good comedy.. the show defo has cheeky comic scenes and lines.. esp d ones given to manvi.. The girl has tremendous spontaneity but I feel she needs to work on the pauses.. some of the punches are lost in her pace of delivery sometimes..

talking of comic timing.. I am loving the easy portrayal of Swetha's sweety ji and Vivek Mushran's lucky ji in parvarish.. the first epi was a bit disappointing.. in fact I just caught up on the other epis.. and it slowly settles down.. the mood of the show.. its a good package for sure... some interesting things have been incorporated.. Sweety's controlling behavior is  more convincing than Pinky's mom-friend act.. that comes across as pseudo.. more so coz Rupali's portrayal reminds me of Mohnisha Sarabhai a lot.. like thts how mohnisha wld react to teenage daughter.. Vishal Singh's jeet is defo the more grounded mature parents.. among all 4.. besides the really urbane and objective Dolly... who sadly is the one who decided to go childless.. although she is more close to understanding the psyche of kids now..

but have to give it to the kids.. from rewa's embarassed by mother teenage tantrum.. stuck in a mess situation to rashi's oversmart , too big for any shoes act.. are both endearing.. Ginny is defo the surprise package..I did write after epi1 tht sweety's kids wld be more prone to hiding stuff and turns out exactly that.. Ginny's demure act at home vs strong rockstar personality at school is almost split personality.. LOL.. amidst all the drama the clueless rocky is defo the funniest.. his siren ringtone with danger amma cracked me up.. reminded me of my bro's friends who had similar adjectives for their mom.. LOL.. through the end of the 1st week.. one thing jumped out.. the kids were smart enough to handle or resolve their school mess... while the parents and grandparents ended up making a royal soup out of the situation.. Jeet being an exception.. so on week one's synopsis.. its the parent's who need growing up and parenting lessons as of now.. but then again that's the premise of the show.. Munira word of caution.. keep yer kids away.. you may not find much to learn from Sweety or Pinky.. but they wld defo pick up from Ginny and Rashi.. LOL..

Last but not the least.. wld hopefully find some time, motivation, and that piece of mind.. to write the next part of the SS.. LOL.. its been crazy off late.. and I am sorta scared m losing touch with the vintage MB feel... hopefully I can write enough to complete the SS.. should be 3 more updates.. or 4.. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Hv been away frm d virtuaal world for a while nd will continue 2 be so for a while;). Away frm TV too (as Muharram has started nd I keep myself away frm TV 4 d 1st 10 days of dis month), so will catch up on everything later on...at least wid internet I can catch on all stuffs missed, unlike in d 20th century whn all was lost;)

    Sonali after seeing d 1st epi of Parvarish, I realised tht it's not meant for kids,I mean my kids.LOL.Am definately thinking of gving dis show a shot.

    So is EHM worth a dekkho? Wht happened 2 Hitler Didi?

    Yup pls do SS of MB as eagerly waiting 4 it.

    BTW read posts on IF BB5, seems PB has completely lost it by blindly supporting Sky nd turns out she's more delusional than PM.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Munira.. .been a while really since I got to yap with ya.. LOL.. oh I had no clue Muharram is on.. hoping to see more of you after the period is over.. take care..

    m glad you are not shunning the internet completely.. LOL. I have yet to catch up on week 2 of parvarish.. weekend viewing:) I defo did like moments of week1... there was an interesting mix.. m all tilted towards Sweeti.. LOL.. her convictions are awesome.. and Sweta is doing really well.. I cant say the same for Rupali... she overdoes the emotional bits.. in terms of acting.. liking both the guys.. the kids are awesome.. each one of them.. totally fit the roles.. defo wanna keep watching

    EHM is very light.. and feel good .. the emotional scenes are subtle mostly.. except some of the sis moments get too sappy and repetitive for me.. m not used to SP shows I guess.. ROFL.. but there is defo an endearing quality abt the show.. no drama as of now.. the actors are decent..like i said d younger sis actor nia.. very spontaneous.. and the older guy karan very consistently method actor.. the other 2 actors are good too.. krystle has yet to tap her scope.. the side cast is defo real good.. veteran bolly/tv actors.. so good for timepass... and i need tht rite now.. coz like i told u stress levels in life are uppish.. LOL..

    dint find d motivation and time for HD.. but from what I gather its doing well.. dk abt the story etc..

    I did update the next part of the SS.. I have totally lost interest in writing now.. really have to push myself for the 2 hrs.. ROFL.. will try to pitch one this week..

    I read some posts on BB5 too.. abt PB tweeting against Mehek Salman connection doctoring the show and showing Sky in bad light.. well they havent forced him to showcase his obnoxious self have they.. LAME.. I had better expectations from her.. she was the most disappointing acc to me.. i strictly believe one shld act their age at apt situations.. her whole histronics after being evicted on stage with her young kids was cringe worthy.. i wld give my mom a silent treatment if she acted like tht on stage... heck u r not a 16 yr old gal.. stop with the jumpy giggly act..

    Havent seen any of BB this week at all.. sometimes read the DDT there.. some folks there are real funny.. LOL..

    tc keep in touch... any idea abt kools? shld pm her soon.. must have been busy with thanksgiving etc

    ReplyDelete