Sunday, November 20, 2011

What are we watching? II

So now that we are sorta busy in our own hum-drums.. atleast I am in a very random ZONE (thought of misusing the word as Sky)..ROFL.. I did give a view to a lot of shows here and there.. some on yer recommendations.. some for simply timepass with my roomy.. so the Qs remains what are you guys watching and do we find something common..

before I start on my tangent.. I am defo giving Parvarish on Sony which starts tomorrow a try.. the promos have been very cheeky and real.. and the subject on the ordeals of parenting in today's day and age is rather interesting.. I know Munira is with me on this show.. yay!.. Kools do give it one dekho.. LOL

I am a BB convert now.. for obv reasons its extremely unintentionally funny.. and me and my roomy finally found something over dinner to roll out of the couch and ROFL.. last week was interesting with the GREEN ROOM political party falling to a technicality and the reactions galore..must say the BB forum is funny too in bits.. there are loads with the funny bone.. some comments are hilarious.. I keep away from the highly serious sounding opinionated posts.. coz let's face it.. there is no one to support or rant against.. the outright loud behavior notwithstanding.. loved Salman's tone against Sid.. even if it was for a friend or w/e.. He was bloody serious.. gah I missed Salman.. hoping he stays back as the host..

Besides that I watched a couple of epis of Hitler Didi.. Munira I told you all about the big fanwars etc.. all tht apart the 2 epis I did watch made sense.. there was a premise for the show.. inspired by an old Rekha movie.. but the old MB jimmy as the lead is just excruciating to watch.. LOL.. the treatment of the show was rather simple and the characters very real and flawed.. surprise surprise the creative head.. sounded familiar.. Manish Mistry.. our very own CH from MB.. LOL.. but somehow I wasnt in a mood to watch more of the show.. LOL.. random as I have been

Doesnt end here.. my tangents.. I even caught 2 epis of Havan on Kool's reco.. and like I told u koolsbeta.. besides baapji the other character and actors and the storyline looked very stale.. Idk maybe I am comparing with mb.. but I am sorta ok with watching shows in passing without getting intellectually or convictionally involved.. mostly coz there is none in the shows around.. LOL

talking of viewing in passing.. 2 of my friends- one a very old one I caught up with.. is watching Ek hazar mein meri behen hain on star.. she got me to watch few scenes.. the dynamics and the treatment again very simple.. very BARJATYA kinda show.. major hangover.. the lead couple has of vivaah cum HSSH (salman and sonali which I did like).. the younger sister is very spontaneous in her troublemaker avatar.. and somehow reminds me of rekha in khoobsurat.. I also liked the recent scene of the 2 bros.. the usual drunk escapade.. LOL.. the older bro. actor is decent.. has a nice voice..LOL kill me for the superficiality.. but there is really no depth to look fwd to.. apart from the intriguing angle of Swamini.. the guys bua.. who remained unmarried and took the older son under her patronage once her bro aka the kids dad passed away.. so what's her story.. is intriguing.. the disciplinarian she is.. defo has layers.. and the younger bro with a sordid family past reminds me a lot of Sid Virani.. in a family of lawyers he is the black sheep.. so again time pass viewing.. not hooked.. but easy on the senses to relieve one from the daily stress at night..

Munira still waiting on yer R.com rant.. wanna go back and watch some epis.. will do once you start on yer analysis..  and btw guess what.. I chatted with VV the actor (Sid Arora) on fb on n off last week.. latest is he has taken to writing a NOVEL.. I simply had to write this.. LOL..  kools apparently the creative writing bug has caught on.. I passed on the alternative version of MB SS link to him.. hoping he can find the time to catch up and give me his feedbacks.. LOL made no bones to him tht I wasnt so keen on VVs romanticism.. ROFL.. so tht shldnt come as a shock

m sure you guys had enough of my rant.. passing the baton now.. 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! U watched Hitler Didi?!?! ROFLLLLLLLL diess. Gawd, please tell me u only watched it to make fun of her. lollll. U talked to Sid? Dies againnn rofl. I've missed out on a lottt eh lol. Novel, sounds cool. GL to him.

    I saw u online today... sorry was in a hurry. And I no I'm not even keeping up with ur SS, soo sorry. Busy with school and job. And cricket ofcourse. Will catch up soon tho.

    Anywayz back to the topic... we ARE waiting for ur R.com post Munira! Its like the only indian show I still go back to ...again and again! I'm not the kind who can discuss a show like u all, but would LOVEE to read ur take.

    I'm not watching anything on Indian tv right now. That ek hazaroon mein meri behna show is the one with Karan Tacker right? I've seen a few avis n sigs of it around ... looked like another lame lovestory to me. Oh yeah, saw some Hitler Didi sigs too... Rati n that guy, rofl what a jodi. LMAO.

    My fav pakistani drama is on a rerun these days ... loving it all over again. If u guys ever wanna give new Pak shows a try, I highly suggest this one, Daam. Apart from that, I watched all of Dhoop Kinarey last month...loved it. Have to say, it was far ahead of its time, quite surprising. A nice watch. Caught an epi of Kuch To Log Kahenge after that, Manish and Kritika were doing a nice job... but there was something amiss. Never a good idea to remake a classic, u can never match up to it.

    U no I was randomly missing Roadies last week... IDK why lol. Watched that singing task...Zaid and Gaurav rofll. HOW pathetic were they! I wish something as exciting came along...

    Anywayz I'm done with my rant. Hope to catch u on MSN soon. Miss chatting with u.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Idiottttttttt... HATES U...

    Well I just had to chk out Hitler didi.. curiosity did get better of me.. LOL.. esp how we feel abt Sanaya's new show.. I wanted to chk this out. .and good lord it was far better than I had imagined.. ROFLLL.. anyhow.. not watching it..

    as for EHM..long name show.. both Ashu and ready for coma P3 is watching it.. in fact the old couple lowe ishtory is totally vivah inspired.. but the sis duo and bro duo dynamics are nice.. the younger sis actor is rather natural.. and the younger siblings scenes are refreshing.. their tiff etc.. the treatment is simple.. less cliche than one wld imagine thro those sigs n avis..ROFL

    did u see me online.. oh.. i didnt catch u.. m onlne on my lappy while m cleaning my room etc.. ROFL.. and yup spoke to Sid.. had msged him and Shiv sir on fb.. congratulating them for mb.. Sid got back recently.. and we exchanged few msgs.. as for roadies.. OMG you wont believe.. i was watching p3s vm on the trio the other day.. coz i was missing u idiots.. rofl..ZAIDs singing.. lmao.. he is totally into medicine now.. good for him..

    but dude if u find time do try to give parvarish a watch.. altho idk how lame it may be.. the promos were funny.. cheeky funny.. yer amarjeet is one of the leads.. ROFL.. n he is funny here too.. miss chatting wid u.. last was watching soundtrack together rite? our randomness keeps things constant.. LOL..so do drop in sometime.. hope u finding yer job experience fulfilling.. cant wait to hear more on tht.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guys I'm soooo sorry abt R.com...u know wat last week I had quite a few in-laws over, so was trying 2 be d typical bahu, but I guess I'm just not tht material. Koi gal nahin, I hv my sis-in-law, who does dat role 2 d T, so I can escape.LOL

    Ah Sonali so Sid is a writer too, no wonder U couldn't resist him ;) Do let us know wat he has to say 2 ur MB SS, I'm sure he too will go gaga over dem.:) BTW whn is ur next SS coming up?

    Hey Binis U a cricket fan? Me too *high five*!

    Hey guys start on ur r.com takes,else pata nahin kaha tak intezaar karna pedega. It seems I'm bad at multi-show watching.Can't seem 2 watch more thn 1 show at a time. So busy wid BB, ya Sonali it's simply hilarious nd d IF posts more so. Though missed a few epis. last week nd hv yet 2 catch up!

    BTW saw Parvarish nd it seems promising. Parenting can really make U doubt yourself. Makes U perpetually question yourself nd dat's exactly wat dey started wid.:). Hoping to get some parenting tips, but d way my kids were glued 2 d TV, dey will end up getting tips on how 2 be smart- alecks!

    ReplyDelete